Cybersecurity is a constantly evolving and changing field. As threats and hackers become more evolved and practical, the security and protection against these threats must also advance. To stay on your toes and in the know about what’s new in the world of InfoSec and cybersecurity, here are some helpful websites, news sources, and thought leaders you should visit daily.
- Wired may be a go-to resource for many digital innovation stories, but their security page has plenty of well-researched stories on developing strong cyber protections. Their culture-heavy leaning provides an important look at how cybersecurity can influence other industries and spaces. Visit now
- Dark Reading is the go-to resource for cybersecurity professionals who want to tackle security infrastructure from the other side. With articles like “7 Ways to Lock Down Industry Printers" and "Malware Abuses Core Features of Discord,” Dark Reading should be at the forefront of what’s happening in the hacker sphere. Visit now
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies is a great resource to visit for InfoSec professionals looking to grow or change their careers. There are job boards, training guides, and study programs that are perfect for both seasoned professionals and those just starting in their cybersecurity career. Visit now
- CIO is an online database of industry resources geared toward a professional point of view. There is a physical magazine as well as industry awards that are well-regarded in the InfoSec community. Bookmark this resource if you are interested in the intersection between cybersecurity, careers, and news. Visit now
- The Darknet Diaries podcast discusses hackers, hacktivism, and cybercrime to expose the “how” and “why” behind security threats. This is a must-listen for anyone interested in InfoSec or cybersecurity! Listen now
- This Week in Google podcast discusses all aspects of cloud computing news, including top stories, innovations, and things to know in the space. Listen now
- The Whistic Blog is a great place to learn more about Whistic products and features, but it also provides an in-depth look at the biggest stories in cybersecurity and how they impact vendor risk management initiatives. Visit now
Want to learn more about optimizing your cybersecurity controls, streamlining the vendor risk management process, or building the right InfoSecurity processes for your organization? The Whistic team of security experts is here to help you better understand and manage every aspect of vendor security and privacy. Learn more or schedule your personal consultation here.